Welcome to Bakers for Change!
Thank you so much for your interest in participating in our Bakers for Change Bake Sale, with proceeds going to the Fair Fight Action. In order to see the real change we want for our country, we need to flip the power in the senate. We saw the incredible work of Stacey Abrams and Fair Fight Action for the presidential race. Let's continue to support this organization that was responsible for helping more than 800,000 people register to vote!
For this bake sale, we are anticipating a date to bid off baked goods via instagram on December 3, but feel free to use a date that works for you. We are asking bakers to donate directly to Fair Fight and either send us a screenshot of the donation and fill out the Google Form so can keep track of the total amount of money we collectively raise!
Here is what we suggest:
- Pick a baked good to raffle off! This can be a message cake, cookies, a pie, a loaf of bread - whatever you love to bake. With Christmas around the corner, you can also choose to auction off a custom baked good that your winner can pick up for a later date for a holiday celebration.
- Post it on your Instagram with instructions to bid via comments on the post.
- Tag @bakersforchange on Instagram so that we can promote your bake!
- Keep the bidding open for a pre-determined amount of time - we recommend 24-48 hours.
- At the close of the bidding, the highest bid wins! Contact that person directly to arrange pick-up or delivery of the baked good.
- Log how much money you received from the winner in the Google Form.
- Send a screenshot of the donation to Bakers for Change.
- Feel good about raising money for a great cause!
You can also participate by simply making something with a message that encourages your followers to vote and/or donate. You can also participate in a more of a bake sale style: make your desserts at set prices for your followers!
No amount is too big, or too small. The important thing is raising
awareness for a cause that you believe in. If you are not interested in
participating in a bid, please still feel free to bake for awareness.